Friday, September 9, 2011

This Week's Recap and a Few Recipes

The kids didn't have much work to do today.
They both worked ahead so much that they are caught up through Monday... a few subjects through the 26th! 
We met my mom for breakfast this morning and she took my son home with her.
My daughter set up for a yard sale but it started raining so back in the house with everything.
She's on a cleaning spree as I type.
When the brother's away, the little sister cleans his room! HA HA!

This just hit me...have you noticed the size of toilet paper rolls getting smaller?
I refilled the supply in the bathroom and I can get more rolls on the shelf now.
I'll have to check the price the next time I'm at the store because the size is probably smaller but the price is bigger. That happened to the pizzas we used to buy too.

Anyway....
Here's What's For Dinner

Hamburger Patties with Brown Gravy
Ingredients:
Ground Hamburger (or your choice of meat)
McCormick's Steak Seasoning
Worcestershire Sauce
Ground Flax Seeds (optional)

Directions:
Mix hamburger with seasonings and form into oval-shaped patties.
Brown in skillet.
While those are cooking, make the gravy. I used a gravy packet but you can make it from scratch if you want to.
Once the patties are cooked through,top with gravy and you're ready to go.

I served this with Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Red Potatoes
Cut potatoes in half or quarters. Boil about 10 minutes or so.
Drain water. Roughly smash the potatoes until they are a little chunky.
Add milk or sour cream, garlic, parmesan and chives.

Garlic & Herb Marinated Tilapia Filets
Ingredients
Olive Oil
Garlic
Choice of Herbs
Tilapia Filets

Directions
Mix marinade ingredients and pour over fish.
Bake in 375 degree oven for  8-12 minutes.
Top fish with Garbanzo Bean Relish
Mix together one can Garbanzo beans, one diced Roma tomato, crushed garlic, red onion and drizzle of olive oil.

I'm serving this with a spinach salad and baked sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment