Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Homeschooling...Take One

Today was our first official day homeschooling!
Everything went well but they were done with all of their lessons by 10:30!
Our schedule isn't too strict, but I thought they would be working until at least 1:00 in the afternoon.
I'm looking for a Co-op in my area, but I'm afraid it may be too late to join.
If you have any suggestions for me, I would love to hear them.
I read everything I could get my hands on before we started and was on major information overload. There are so many options available for homeschoolers these days.
Even though it's only our first day, I've already thought of things to do differently for next year.
I'm sure this will be an evolving process and constantly change.
I think that's kinda the point.Learning as you go.
People told me I would get questioned about socialization but I never realized how much that would be true! Boy oh boy! Some people have really strong opinions and objections to homeschooling.
I don't really understand why, other than it's something different from the norm.
I know what's best for my kids, and we've made the right decision for our family.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting the homeschool journey! We just started back-to-{home}school yesterday, too, although it's our 5th year:) We love it! And, yes, you'll constantly be thinking of changes and getting different ideas for tweaking how things go in your home. I love the flexibility of homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great first day! We have an easy schedule too, no way would we be finished by 10:30 though :D (visiting from ifellowship - PS Love your theme, it was mine too before I switched to wordpress :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments ladies :)

    ReplyDelete