Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu Monday

In the future, I plan on listing a weekly menu on Mondays but today I'm just going to share a few things that I've found while searching for recipes.
Normally what happens is...I do a google search for something and after clicking link after link arrive at something that catches my eye and  have no idea how I got to this particular page...and that's  how I found www.meatlessmonday.com!
The goal is to help you reduce meat consumption by 15%  in order to impove personal health. I think it's a good idea whether you are wanting to make the switch to a plant based diet or just to give your body a break one day out of the week.
Our family goal is to be on an 80% plant based diet so this is a good resource for me. I guess I'll have to start next Monday because I've already had bacon today :) Bacon GOOD!
Anyway...I find myself thinking "What am I going to eat if I'm not eating meat?" but the options are really endless.There is a ton of information available  at our fingertips.
Here is a recipe I found at www.mindbodygreen.com:
Vegan Protein Smoothie/Chocolate Almond Smoothie
1/2 serving Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer Chocolate By Vega - 37.8 Ounces
2 cups cold water OR 1 1/2 cups water and 1 cup ice
1 banana
1/2 pear OR 1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup almonds (soak raw almonds overnight)
You can send away for a Free Vegetarian Starter Kit at www.peta.org and find more information and recipes at www.eatwellguide.org
 If you live some sort of vegetarian lifestyle I would love to hear your comments or advice for someone that is just starting out.
Enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment